Virtualization is the process of creating a virtual or software-based representation of something, such as applications, servers, storage, and virtual networks.
Virtualization can increase the agility, flexibility, and scalability of IT (information technology) while generating significant savings in space, maintenance, and energy costs.
Greater workload mobility, higher performance and resource availability, automated operations, these are all benefits of virtualization that make IT simpler to manage and less expensive to own and operate.
Additional benefits include:
- Reduction of operating and capital costs.
- Minimized or eliminated downtime.
- Increased IT productivity, efficiency, agility, and responsiveness.
- Faster provisioning of applications and resources.
- Greater business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Simplified data center management.
- Availability of a true software-defined data center.
There are different types of virtualization: server, network, desktop.
Server virtualization enables multiple operating systems to run on a single physical server as highly efficient virtual machines. Key benefits include:
- Greater IT efficiencies
- Reduced operating costs
- Faster workload deployment
- Increased application performance
- Higher server availability
- Eliminated server sprawl and complexity
At SOLUTECSA we can help you virtualize your infrastructure, taking into consideration the growth and scalability of your company.